Sunday, January 4, 2015

My Favorite Books: Part 2 | HelloShiloh


So, almost a year ago I wrote a post about my favorite books. Obviously, I've read quite a few books since then, so I figured I should update that list. (I bet you all know where this is going.) If you'd like to read my original post before you read this one, you can find it here

First of all, I wanted to let you all know that Saving Elliot has been finished! The ending was as amazing as the rest of the book. If you were holding off on reading it because it wasn't finished, you should wait no more. You can find this amazing book right here. (Also, I wrote a short one-shot for a contest that Rose was hosting based on SE. If you'd like to read that, you can do so here. (It would mean a ton to me :)))

Now, on to the books that I've fallen in love with this year:


  • So, obviously the first book I have to talk about is Fangirl. This book is my absolute favorite book that I've ever read (sorry, TFIOS.) Rainbow Rowell just writes her characters in a way that makes you fall so in love with all of them. I also wrote a Booking It review of Fangirl, if you'd like to read it. 
  • The next book that was added to my favorites this year was Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. I'm not usually the type of gal that goes for books that are more adventure than romance, but I loved this one. I think it was because it sort of reminded me of The Series of Unfortunate Events. Whatever the reason was, I loved it and you should go check it out if you haven't yet. 
  • Next up: Paper Towns by the wonderful John Green. I loved this books so much. It was actually the first book I read in 2014, and it was an excellent start to the year. If you haven't picked up this book yet, you need to. (The movie comes out in June–in case you were wondering.)
  • The Beginning of Everything by Robin Schneider is another one that I really loved this year. It had a Looking for Alaska feel to it, and it was brilliant. This one is definitely in my top 10 favorites, ever. I wrote a review of it also. 
  • To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han definitely made the list. I absolutely loved this book. You can read my review of it here. It was absolutely hilarious and one of the more unique books that I've read recently. I recommend it!
So there you have it. Five more books to add to my favorites list. I hope to find many more books that I love in this new year. 

P.S. Some really exciting news that I haven't mentioned on this blog yet is that Coffee Colored paperbacks are available for purchase! If you'd like to support me in my writing endeavors (which would basically mean that I love you forever) you can buy a book here. I'm also trying to come up with a contest maybe to win my new book (that I'm editing right now) for free. Let me know if that is something that you'd be interested in. 

Have a happy Sunday!

-Shi

No comments:

Post a Comment