Friday, March 21, 2014

Move

Just thought that I'd share a poem that I wrote recently.

I try to find my way through the labyrinth of thoughts.
It's hard for me to keep trying sometimes.
I want to be alive.
To live.
To love.
To breathe.
But sometimes the air just won't fill my lungs properly and I want to hide.
I want to collapse in on myself and find a way to just survive.
And sometimes love isn't in my heart and I just want to understand.
I want to see people for who they are; for their mindless doings.
And sometimes I just don't want to live in this broken world with my broken soul.
I want to move.
Move
Move
Move
But then I remember what was done for me on the cross,
And the blood that was shed to save me from myself.
My broken, hopeless, sinful self.
My tired, lonely, worthless self.
And it reminds me that even though I'm broken, God makes me whole.
Even though I'm hopeless, God gives me hope.
Even though I'm sinful, God's grace abounds.
Even though I'm tired, God gives me rest.
Even though I'm lonely, God is my friend.
And even when I feel worthless, God is there to remind me that I'm worth everything to him.
Because of what was done for me on that cross.
Because of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment