Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Winter Jam 2014

{a little panoramic for your soul}

So, since I've last blogged, Winter Jam happened...twice.

{For all of you who have never heard of Winter Jam before, I'll just give you a quick rundown of what it is. It's basically this HUGE Christian concert that tours every year with about 10 bands (different bands every year--except Newsong is always there, since they founded it). It is 10 dollars at the door, and just a really amazing time. If you missed it this year, be sure to be on the lookout for next year!}

I think it's way past time for me to fill you in on how it was this year, and just share my overall experience with you all. 

I guess I'll start with Cincinnati. It was on Friday, February 21 and the U.S Bank Arena and it was fabulous. We left straight after school to head up to get in line. The whole line experience this year was actually wonderful. There aren't any other words, really. We didn't have to wait very long, since we didn't get there until around 3, but we were still pretty close to the door. The radio stations had random contests going on outside and Love In the Outcome (one of the preshow bands) was out signing CD's and talking to everyone.
{hula hoop contest courtesy of K-love. she won a little radio shaped stress ball.}

{our little group minus my mom. these girls are my favorites.}

Once we were inside we were pleasantly surprised that we actually got really incredible seats. They were off to the side of the stage but really close, and it was amazing, especially since we didn't get there as early as last year, but the seats were better!
{ignore the random guys' faces. sorry bout that.}

The show in itself was a great time. Lecrae, Colton Dixon, Tenth Avenue North, Newsboys, Plumb, etc. It was amazing. I was jamming so hard the entire night. I'll never get over how incredible it feels to just worship with 17,000 other people. It's cool to feel the Lord move in that kind of environment. (It's cool to feel Him move in any environment, really.)

Lexington, which was on March 15, was pretty much the same thing; we didn't as good of seats, but that was okay. We were still able to jam and worship and just have a great time. God really moved in my heart that night. I had been struggling lately, and it was so cool to just feel him moving in my heart and rearranging it. It was like all of the temporary things that I had been thinking were so permanent were just gone. It felt (and still) feels so good. 

{casually sitting on the floor of the venue taking selfies.}
Overall, it was just another great night.

((side note: if you're interested in Winter Jam their twitter is @winterjamtour, their website is http://jamtour.com))



No comments:

Post a Comment