Monday, July 7, 2014

The Beginning of Everything | Booking It

The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider


EZRA FAULKNER was supposed to be homecoming king, but that was before--before his girlfriend cheated on him, before a car accident shattered his leg, and before he fell in love with new girl CASSIDY THORPE. 

Golden boy Ezra Faulkner believes everyone has a tragedy waiting for them--a single encounter after which everything that really matters will happen. His particular tragedy waited until he was primed to lose it all: In one spectacular night, a reckless driver shatters Ezra's knee, his athletic career, and his social life.
No longer the front-runner for Homecoming King, Ezra finds himself at the table of misfits, where he encounters new girl Cassidy Thorpe. Cassidy is unlike anyone Ezra's ever met--achingly effortless and fiercely intelligent.
Together, Ezra and Cassidy discover flash mobs, buried treasure, and a poodle that might just be the reincarnation of Jay Gatsby. But as Ezra dives into his new studies, new friendships, and new love, he learns that some people, like books, are easy to misread. And now he must consider: If one's singular tragedy has already hit, what happens when more misfortune strikes?



This book was utterly fabulous. The book had a very John Green-esqe feel to it, which I obviously loved. 
Ezra was really easy to relate to for a lot of reasons. He didn't want to just do what everyone else was doing to fit in, yet he wanted to fit in and find out who he was so desperately.  And Cassidy was great. There was some stuff she did that I didn't really get and I sort of hated her at certain parts of the book, but in the end you truly know why she was the way she was and I thought that was great. 
The last 30ish pages of this book were so intense and beautiful and I just loved it.

Oh, and I loved Cooper. He was a fabulous poodle. Just saying. 

"We all have been fooled into believing in people who are entirely imaginary--made-up prisoners in a hypothetical panopticon."

"'All of our longings are universal longings,' Cassidy said. 'I'm paraphrasing, but it's Fitzgerald.'"

"and I wondered what the future would hold once we'd gotten past our personal tragedies and proven them ultimately survivable." 

and my personal favorite:
"Oscar Wilde once said that to live is the rarest thing in the world, because most people just exist, and that's all. I don't know if he was right, but I do know that I spent a long time existing, and now, I intend to live." 


*****
5 outta 5

I completely and totally recommend this book it was lovely and wonderful and yes. 
You should read it. 


you can find Robyn Schneider on youtube!




Read on :)









No comments:

Post a Comment