Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Here Comes The Sun | Vacation 2014

//Andalusia, Alabama
June 6-13, 2014

thank you pinterest for this lovely. 

So this summer we got the privilege of going to visit some of my extended family in Alabama. It was such a nice little break from the constant happenings of life and, if I may say so for myself, we made our own adventures for everyday that we were down there.


On Sunday we basically just had a family day. Nothing too exciting; Church and then just some catching up. My dad preached Sunday night, and it was the first time that I've ever got the chance to hear him. It was fantastic.
my uncle keeps strange pets around...Hadley was brave enough to hold one of them.


Monday was our beach day. We all got in our vans and drove down to Destin, FL for the day. It was my second time there, and let me tell you: it's. gorgeous. I've never seen such beautiful water and white sand. It's lovely.


destin, florida is absolutely breathtaking

While we were in Destin, we decided to stop for some sea food because...why not? Joe's Crab Shack for the win! Am I right?

I love these lovely ladies. 

After a long day at the beach, we went home and, well, slept. (Long car rides are exhausting). 

Tuesday we went and saw Blended (excellent film by the way). My cousin drove us around her old college town and showed us where she went to school. We stopped and got some Sonic (because what else do you do?) and then we went back to my aunts house. Later on that night, we decided to go bowling. 


bowling shoes selfie...wait what?

It was such a good time with my family. After bowling what did we do? We got some more Sonic. (It's a reoccuring thing throughout this whole trip, just bare with me). 


WEDNESDAY WE DID PUTT-PUTT. Holla! 



This was actually so fun though. I don't know what else to really say about it. 
Wednesday night we had Church again. 

Thursday we went to this really cool zoo that had so many awesome animals. The guy who ran the zoo was, like, freaking close to all the animals. Like, he would feed the bears marshmellows out of his mouth...like WHAT?

selfie with some ponies...cuteeeee.
 He also had snakes....lots and lots of snakes...which he made us hold... EW! I will never hold a snake again in my entire life. Agh.
Merci had a slight panic attack.

holla!

i swear this one was trying to kill us!

(We got more Sonic on the way home from this...just thought you should know). (We love happy hour a little too much).


I don't have any pictures from Friday. But on Friday morning we went swimming in a family friends pool. It was so nice to be able to just enjoy the weather and relax in the sun. The water felt amazing (it was like 100 degrees down there). So it was nice. 

Friday night my aunts Church hosted a game night and it. was. awesome. We played this game called Battle of the Sexes and it was madness. It was so funny to watch all the guys vs. the girls and to see how competitive we could all get. (Girls won...both games). 

On Saturday morning we drove home. So not too much excitement that day. I literally slept the whole way. But overall it was such a great vacation. I learned so much and tried so many new things. It was incredible. 

We vlogged some of it, so if you would like to see our crazy vacation adventures head over to youtube.com/abeautifulpath - we would really appreciate it!

xoxo Shi

What kind of vacation did you go on this summer?



No comments:

Post a Comment