Monday, January 6, 2014

The Crave Movement: Fearless

I'm going to be straight up, completely honest with you for a minute. Okay? Okay.

I am not a perfect Christian.

I am impatient, and lazy, and selfish, and hypocritical, and judgmental, and broken.

But I can tell you something else, too.

My God is patient, and loving, and forgiving, and graceful, and a healer, and the perfecter of all things--including us; broken and sinful humans.

That's why I am thankful. He doesn't look at the past mistakes that we have made. He helps us learn and grow and he teaches us to be better people. He wants us to crave him and to share him and his love with the broken world that we live in.

And I am thankful for that.

I am thankful for the opportunity to go out there and to share Jesus with the world. It's an amazing chance. I love that I get to go and love people. I love that I am able to grow in this faith and to build a relationship with Christ that is unfailing. I love that this world hates me and that I get this chance.

It's okay to feel inferior and afraid; God gets to work on us more that way. He gets to help us learn to be fearless. 1 John 4:18 says "There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love." This is one of my favorite verses of all time. I love that he wants us to be fearless. I love that his love makes us fearless. We don't have to be afraid to go out there and love the broken because Christ loves us, in all of our brokenness.

I just think that's pretty cool

No comments:

Post a Comment