Wednesday, April 2, 2014

What I Learned From Frozen


I'm sure many of you have seen the new Disney movie Frozen. It has been raved about since it hit theaters back in November, and for good reason. This Disney movie has to be one of the best movies that I have seen in a while. It's easy to look at movies like this as just fun kid movies with no real meaning behind them, but Frozen's message really stuck out to me.

The biggest theme that I saw throughout the movie was fear. Elsa was terrified. She didn't understand how to use her powers, and there was nobody to really help her learn. That's why she was so angry; everything that she did that was "harmful" was because she was scared. But as soon as Anna sacrificed herself to save Elsa, it made sense. Love thaws a frozen heart. Love is how to control the powers. Love casts out fear.

It's easy to skip over this detail, but to me it sticks out clearly throughout the whole movie. And I have to amend Disney for putting such a great and powerful message into the movie. I loved it and I will love it forever.

xx, Shiloh

No comments:

Post a Comment